Presented by Alameda Acupuncture Corporation
NCCAOM Provider ID 9291 / CAB CE ID 1748
Registration open to Licensed Acupuncturists
- Date: May 3, 2023
- Time: 9am to 5 pm (1 hour lunch break)
- Location: Alameda, CA
- Cost: $525
- Instructor Dr. Jenny Nieters, L.Ac. DACM
Low back pain is a common complaint in the modern acupuncture clinical practice. Learn a straightforward treatment which can help address this common complaint. Learn palpation and acupuncture point location, needle angle and depth of the quadratus lumborum muscle, the sacroiliac joint, the gluteus medius muscle and two intrinsic core muscles, the transversus abdominus and the internal abdominal oblique. This simple acupuncture approach which can be used to support a wide range of patients from high level professional athletes to a geriatric patient population.
Goals and Objectives:
1. Learn the anatomical significance of muscles and joints which contribute to lumbopelvic stability.
2. Learn orthopedic assessment and identify dysfunctions which can contribute to low back pain.
3. Learn palpation and acupuncture point location, needle angle and depth of the quadratus lumborum muscle, the sacroiliac joint, the gluteus medius muscle and two intrinsic core muscles, the transversus abdominus and the internal abdominal oblique.
4. Learn how to use electrical stimulation effectively.
All attendees are required to be licensed to practice acupuncture in their respective practice state or country and provide proof of malpractice coverage at the time of the course. Sorry, no exceptions.
Because this course is skills training based there are LIMITED spaces available!
7 PDA: NCCAOM PDA Provider Number 9121
7 CEU: CA CEU: Category 1, California Acupuncture Board, Provider Number 1748
This course is CA CEU and NCCAOM PDA Approved , so you will need to indicate if you need one or the other or both at the time of your registration and provide your legal name for your CEU certificate and License Number.
Please be aware, no refunds or CEUs will be issued if you do not show up, are late, or leave early from the program.
2023 Courses and Lectures with Dr. Jenny Nieters, L.Ac. DACM
- Mar 16, Dry Needling, Acupuncture and Athletic Performance, CSOMA One Root, Many Branches Conference & Expo
- Mar 31 Simple Acupuncture Treatment for Ankle Pain and Instability, Great River Symposium
- Apr 2, Lumbopelvic Stability: The Core Muscles (am) and TheLow Back and Hip (pm) Pacific Sports and Orthopedic Acupuncture Symposium
- May 3 Simple Treatment for Chronic Low Back Pain & Lumbopelvic Stability, Booking for course in Tigard, OR
- May 4 Sports Acupuncture: Anatomy, Assessment & Acupuncture Treatment of the Core Muscles, Booking for course in Tigard, OR
- May 12-14 Oakland, California, Low Back and Hip, Acupuncture Sports Medicine Apprenticeship Program
- July 7-8 AIMC Day 1: Clinical Grand Rounds / Day 2: Anatomically Significant Points
- Jul 15 Alameda, California, Sports Acupuncture: Hip Flexors Muscles
- Jul 16 Alameda, California, Sports Acupuncture: Ankle Pain, Mobility & Instability
- Sep 8-10 Oakland, California, Lower Extremity: Acupuncture Sports Medicine Apprenticeship Program
What are people saying about classes with Jenny Nieters?
Treated a hockey player with an adductor strain. Your class on the adductors helped me so much on pinpointing which area to treat with efficiency. It always felt like this area was a big black hold/void before, but know I know I can decipher what is what. The muscle testing was helpful too. Had to share with you. Thank you! – Vincent, Acupuncturist Costa Mesa, CA.
She has worked with Whitfield Reaves as his teaching assistant since 2015. Her techniques remind me of his- simple, effective and easy to implement in the clinical setting. -Whitney G., Acupuncturist Tigard, OR
You made me feel empowered. – Attendee of the CSOMA 2023 Conference and Expo
Presenter was exceptionally knowledgable and gave us great information that is immediately useful.Love it! More classes with Jenny Nieters!Great course! amazing instructor and teacher assistants.– Attendees of the November 2022 Simple Treatment of Chronic Low Back Pain and Lumbopelvic Stability Course