Areas of Specialization
While John is known for treating chronic and degenerative health conditions known as “knotty” diseases in Chinese Medicine, he also trained in orthopedic injuries and fertility.
As a teacher of herbal medicine, he has developed mastery in creating custom herbal formulas.
John is the only acupuncturist, board certified in Oriental Reproductive Medicine practicing in Alameda. He teaches Integrative Gynecology courses and Integrative Endocrinology in a Chinese Medicine Doctoral program.
John pursued extensive post-graduate training. He is a Diplomate National Board of Acupuncture Orthopedics. Additionally, he completed certifications in Gynecology and Internal Medicine at Zhejiang Chinese Medical University, in China. John also was with the first group of American acupuncturists to be certified in Integrated Diabetes Prevention and Treatment at the Xin Hua Hospital, China.
Inspired by the level of integration offered to patients in Chinese hospitals, John strives to offer integrative health care to his patients here within the scope of his practice. Some areas that might be covered in addition to the standard focus of Traditional Chinese Medicine are: herb/drug interactions, lifestyle changes, western medical laboratory results and nutrition.
Some conditions John treats are:
- orthopedic injury
- chronic fatigue & adrenal dysfunction
- post-stroke recovery
- neuro-degenerative diseases
- cholesterol management & circulatory disorders
- diabetes & endocrine dysfunction
- gastrointestinal disorders,
- immune dysfunction & autoimmune disorders
- insomnia & sleep disorders
- fertility & menopause
“Over 40 years ago, I tried Chinese medicine as a last resort. The results changed the course of my life.” – John Nieters
- Doctor of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine
- Licensed Acupuncturist
- Host, The Balancing Point radio show and podcast
- Host, The Medicine Men radio show and podcast
- Certified Integrative Diabetes Protocol, Xin Hua Hospital, China
- Certified Gynecology & Internal Medicine, Zhejiang University, China
- Professor of Chinese Medicine Gynecology
- Diplomate National Board of Acupuncture Orthopedics
- Professor Five Branches
- Professor ACCHS
- Professor University of East-West Medicine
- Lecturer, U.C. Berkeley, Integrative Medicine
- Speaker, The Commonwealth Club, SF
- Co-author, Practical Fertility, The 90 Day Plan
- President, Academy of Chinese Culture & Health Sciences (2011-2015)
SF Bay List finalist
2012 Best Acupuncture
2011 Best Acupuncture
2010 Best Herbal Medicine
2009 Best Herbal Medicine