- Sign up to receive news and updates and get my free report:“The Top 10 Reasons to Try Acupuncture”
- TestimonialsI just wanted to send a short note to express a large thank you. I have suffered from bursitis (and some arthritis) in my hips for years. I have had physical therapy and many painful cortisone shots that help short term then the pain comes right back. While visiting my daughter I went to see her acupuncturist, Jenny. The treatment was like a miracle. My hip pain gone! I am back to exercising, and taking long walks, something I was... Read more »
Jenny Nieters and John Nieters are wonderful acupuncturists who take great care of their patients. Jenny has taken care of my achilles heel pain, lumbar pain, and diagnosed more accurately than others quadratus lumborum instability. John is extremely knowledgable about all things reproductive and brings a quiet nurturing atmosphere to his practice. I entrust these folks with my care wholeheartedly.
John and Jenny Nieters at Alameda Acupuncture are absolute gems.
I stumbled across John’s radio show, The Balancing Point, and had been a listener for a while when I decided to make an appointment. Years after having my son, my menstrual cycles never really came back and I was having lots of different symptoms that seemed to point to endocrine issues.
My first appointment with John was awesome. He spent at least two hours with me, talking and getting to... Read more »
I have been a patient of John Nieters for many years. He is an amazing healer who has helped me though physical and emotional challenges. Dr. John is generous with his time and extremely knowledgeable. He is the first one whose opinion I seek when my health needs attention.
Last Spring after he assessed my shoulder and hip pain he recommended that Jenny treat me. This recurring pain had remained with me through several years of regular massage, regular chiropractic... Read more »
I have been anxious ( in a good way), to submit my testimonial regarding Dr. John and Jenny Nieters of Alameda Acupuncture!!!! THEY ARE FANTABULOUS /that means, fantastic and fabulous !!! I love them dearly. They are just very empathic, humble, very intelligent and down home folks.
I have been treating 12 weeks with Jenny Nieters. Her combination of Chinese Medicine with Acupuncture, is genius. She knows her stuff, 100%. She has such a sweet disposition, a... Read more »
- • Healthy Choices for a Healthy Spring •
- • Tips and Tricks for a Sparkling Spring •
- • Fitness Routine Spring Cleaning •
Acupuncture for Chronic Back Pain
A Harris Poll released earlier this year found that approximately three out of ten U.S. adults currently suffer from chronic low back pain. To put it another way, that’s an estimated 72.3 million people! Common treatments usually include prescription medications which bring their own complications and side effects into the picture. If you are looking for a drug-free alternative to your back pain, acupuncture could be the solution you have been searching for. continue reading
Class: Simple Treatment for Chronic Low Back Pain and Lumbopelvic Stability
Presented by Alameda Acupuncture Corporation
NCCAOM Provider ID 9291 PDA Pending
CAB CE ID 1748 CEU Pending
Registration open to Licensed Acupuncturists
- Date: November 19, 2022
- Time: 8:30am to 4:30 pm (1 hour lunch break)
- Location: Alameda, CA
- Cost: $525
- Instructor Dr. Jenny Nieters, L.Ac. DACM
Low back pain is a common complaint in the modern acupuncture clinical practice. Learn a straightforward treatment which can help address this common complaint. Learn palpation and acupuncture point location, needle angle and depth of the quadratus lumborum muscle, the sacroiliac joint, the gluteus medius muscle and two intrinsic core muscles, the transversus abdominus and the internal abdominal oblique. This simple acupuncture approach which can be used to support a wide range of patients from high level professional athletes to a geriatric patient population.
Goals and Objectives:
1. Learn the anatomical significance of muscles and joints which contribute to lumbopelvic stability.
2. Learn orthopedic assessment and identify dysfunctions which can contribute to low back pain.
3. Learn palpation and acupuncture point location, needle angle and depth of the quadratus lumborum muscle, the sacroiliac joint, the gluteus medius muscle and two intrinsic core muscles, the transversus abdominus and the internal abdominal oblique.
4. Learn how to use electrical stimulation effectively.
All attendees are required to be licensed to practice acupuncture in their respective practice state or country and provide proof of malpractice coverage at the time of the course. Sorry, no exceptions.
Because this course is skills training based there are LIMITED spaces available!
7 PDA Pending: NCCAOM PDA Provider Number 9121
7 CEU Pending: CA CEU: Category 1, California Acupuncture Board, Provider Number 1748
This course is CA CEU and NCCAOM PDA PENDING , so you will need to indicate if you need one or the other or both at the time of your registration and provide your legal name for your CEU certificate and License Number.
Please be aware, no refunds or CEUs will be issued if you do not show up, are late, or leave early from the program.
Treating Sciatica Pain with Acupuncture
Anyone who has suffered from sciatic nerve pain can tell you it can be a very debilitating condition. It is typically caused by an impingement of the sciatic nerve in the lower back but the pain is actually felt radiating down the leg and in the buttock. There are several potential causes of sciatic pain including:
- Degenerative disc disease
- Lumbar spinal stenosis
- Herniated lumbar disc (also known as a slipped disc)
Acupuncture is one of the most gentle and effective treatment options. Traditional medicine may prescribe medication to deal with the pain caused by sciatica but acupuncture is a drug-free option that treats the issue and not just the symptom. continue reading