- Sign up to receive news and updates and get my free report:
Get your free report
- TestimonialsI just wanted to send a short note to express a large thank you. I have suffered from bursitis (and some arthritis) in my hips for years. I have had physical therapy and many painful cortisone shots that help short term then the pain comes right back. While visiting my... Read more »
Jenny Nieters and John Nieters are wonderful acupuncturists who take great care of their patients. Jenny has taken care of my achilles heel pain, lumbar pain, and diagnosed more accurately than others quadratus lumborum instability. John is extremely knowledgable about all things reproductive and brings a quiet nurturing atmosphere to... Read more »
John and Jenny Nieters at Alameda Acupuncture are absolute gems.
I stumbled across John’s radio show, The Balancing Point, and had been a listener for a while when I decided to make an appointment. Years after having my son, my menstrual cycles never really came back and I was having... Read more »
I have been a patient of John Nieters for many years. He is an amazing healer who has helped me though physical and emotional challenges. Dr. John is generous with his time and extremely knowledgeable. He is the first one whose opinion I seek when my health needs attention.
Last... Read more »
Hi everyone!!!... Read more »
I have been anxious ( in a good way), to submit my testimonial regarding Dr. John and Jenny Nieters of Alameda Acupuncture!!!! THEY ARE FANTABULOUS /that means, fantastic and fabulous !!! I love them dearly. They are just very empathic, humble, very intelligent and down home folks.
- • The Joy Of Healing: How Summer Fun Heals the Heart •
- • Summer’s Bounty •
- • Easing Transitions with the Earth Element •
Come Celebrate With us!
Our Grand Opening Celebration for our new Education Center
Saturday, November 2nd from 12pm-4pm at our offices at 2258 Santa Clara, Alameda, CA
|We have a spectacular line-up of activities|
|Meet the Doctors||Rapid Release Massage|
|Hourly Office Tours||Giveaways|
|Food and Drink||Raffle|
|Detox Boxes||♦||Gift Baskets||♦||Wine & Spirits|
And of course, a chance to win
Tickets to the 49ers
as we celebrate our very own
Dr. Jenny Nieters, LAc, DACM as official team acupuncturist
Reignite the Spark!
ELECTROACUPUNCTURE FOR THE TREATMENT OF NEURODEGENERATIVE DISEASES
Hear of the latest research behind electroacupuncture and neurological diseases:
- Alzheimer’s disease/ Dementia
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
Neurological disease is an increasingly common issue in our lives today, but research is building on the different ways acupuncture can help.
Dr. John Nieters, LAc recently gave a talk at the Commonwealth Club in San Francisco addressing the science behind the marriage of ancient Chinese medicine and the application of focused electrical stimulation to body.
Through this talk you will gain a deeper understanding of how this ancient healing modality has successfully combated these fast growing diseases; how electroacupucture targets specific receptors to stimulate neuropeptides release and how this affects cerebral rehabilitation and neural synaptic repair.
To listen to the podcast of this lecture, Click Here
The season of fall brings cooler weather and shorter days. As with any season, the world adjusts accordingly. Plants begin to go dormant, animals begin scrounging for food to store to get them through the upcoming winter months and humans start winterizing everything.
As fall descends on the land, it reminds us we need to start cutting back on the numerous cooling foods that are consumed during the summer months. Things like raw foods, salads, juices and fruits should be decreased because they can create too much cold in the body, according to traditional Chinese medicine. continue reading
Statistics show eight out of 10 people will experience low back pain at some point during their life. Seeking medical treatment for back pain is very common. Typically back pain is fleeting and can be easily resolved with rest, heat and an occasional anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen. However, once the damage is done, the recurrence of back pain can be as high as 50 percent. Part of this is because as we age, things like muscles and tendons become less flexible and pliable. It is also very well known in the United States, people are too sedentary and this leads to excess weight gain that can create added pressure on the body, especially the low back. continue reading
7 Facts About Breast Cancer
- In the US, 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- The most significant risk factors for breast cancer are being female and aging. About 95% of all breast cancers in the US occur in women 40 and older.
- Getting a mammogram can help reduce the number of deaths from breast cancer by 30 to 40% among women ages 40 to 70.
- Breast cancer deaths have been declining since 1990 thanks to early detection, better screening, increased awareness, and new treatment options.
- Each year it is estimated that over 220,000 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women.
- In the US today, there are more than 2.9 million breast cancer survivors — the largest group of all cancer survivors.
Free Health Lecture on 2/23/19 at 3:00pm
Presenter: Dr. John Nieters, L.Ac. DAOM
Breast Health and Breast Cancer Prevention
Location: Alameda Acupuncture Annex
RSVP to reserve your seat. Seating is limited.